My neighbor across the street (who apparently heard our conversation) waved and started to smile and chuckle. He asked, "Can you send your girls over to my yard after they're done with yours?"
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
"Can We Rake The Leaves?"
We came home one afternoon to find the leaves all blown into the front yard from earlier in the week. The girls right away jumped at the opportunity to be outside and asked, "Can we please rake the leaves in the front yard?" Brian and I kind of looked at each other without hesitation and said, "You bet....have at it!!!" So Brian got the rakes down from the garage walls and the girls raked to their heart's content.
A half hour later, I check on their progress and found their little piles of leaves all over the front yard. While working up a sweat, Noelle asked me, "Mom...can you pay us a $1.00 for raking the leaves?" I responded, "Noelle...consider it your lucky day! I will pay you $2.00!!!" She then gave me a HUGE smile!!!
My neighbor across the street (who apparently heard our conversation) waved and started to smile and chuckle. He asked, "Can you send your girls over to my yard after they're done with yours?"
My neighbor across the street (who apparently heard our conversation) waved and started to smile and chuckle. He asked, "Can you send your girls over to my yard after they're done with yours?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HI Grace! Here's a hit from China!!
Big Hugs!
Terri
Post a Comment