I was very hesitant to place this "mugshot" of Hope and Luke in handcuffs on my blog; but after getting their permission and understanding what transpired before they were "under arrest," I think that we all have learned a valuable lesson from it.
Yesterday morning, someone must have woken up on the "wrong side of the bed." I won't say who... but I think a picture "tells a thousand words." So rather than sending them to time-out, I have found that the most effective way (at least in our family) to resolve these interpersonal conflicts is to hand-cuff them. (Yes...I realize that this may seem like a harsh punishment, but don't worry...I read them their rights before arresting them : )
It's amazing how quickly they learn to use their words to cooperate, rather than disagree, and learn to work together. They were working towards a common goal...in this case, asking mom and dad to bail us out of "jail".
1 comment:
That picture is priceless!
Post a Comment