Saturday, September 13, 2008

Poisonous as a tongue?

After Hope's prayer last night at the dinner table, I was convicted to pray. This morning, I am reminded of the passage in James 3:7-8, 9-10 where Peter states...

"All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison...
With our tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be."

I totally have to say, "Amen" to that...I don't know why at times I feel like I am the "nicest of nice" but almost as I "turn the corner" I feel as though I cannot say a nice word at all. Lord, help me with this...especially now with my children.

No comments: