Monday, March 16, 2009

Welcome Back Mom!

My friend Terri and I attended a "Hea#rts*At#Hom^e" conference this past weekend and learned a TON of things about our journey as mothers.

All of the workshops were wonderful. There was one entitled, "My Heart's at H^ome" that gave great illustrations of ways our home is like. The speaker J^ill S*ava#ge presented 12 roles of home-building which were as follows:
Home as a safe house
Home as a safe place to fail
Home as a rest area
Home as a trauma unit
Home needs to be a church
Home needs to be a pep rally
Home needs to be a school
Home is a museum
Home is a playground
Home is a business office
Home is a hospitality house
Home is a cultural center

dad=general contractor
mom= site manager
kids=builders under construction

I was refreshed and energized to come home and apply all these learned principles with our family. What was more refreshing was how the kids welcomed me home. I was nicely "attacked" by a collection of written notes and a prepared skit that made me feel very loved. I have to say that I shed some tears watching them and reading these very notes...


Maybe I should leave town more often? : )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is so cute it is off the charts! I can only hope to receive such sweet notes one day. You have great kids, Grace!

Anonymous said...

so precious! where's brian's card? = )

a little leprechaun said...

That is awesome!! Thank you again for going and riding with me!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Esther Cho said...

it's not even your birthday or Mother's Day??? I'm convinced from their notes that you're the bestest mom! that's so cute and endearing...maybe you should laminate them. It's funny how Hope wrote, "I had SOME fun with dad"...maybe not as much fun as with you...heehee =)

Anonymous said...

Grace-
I'm so glad you had a great time at Hearts at Home--what precious notes to come home to! I loved the American Girl party, too--you are such a good mom!
Love,
Marilyn