Saturday, March 7, 2009

School production

This past Saturday, the girls were a part of their school "variety show" production. Hope sang a duet with her friend Grace from the musical Annie called "Together At Last". They did an amazing job together! Here are the lyrics from their song...

Together at last, together forever. We're tying a knot, they never can sever. I don't need sunshine now to turn my skies to blue. I don't need anything but you! You've wrapped me around that cute little finger. You've made life a song. You've made me the singer. And what's that bathtub tune you always "bububoo?" Ba, ba, ba anything but you! Yesterday was plain awful! You can say that again. Yesterday was plain awful. But that's that. Not now. That's then. I'm poor as a mouse. I'm richer than Midas. But nothing on earth could ever divide us. And if tomorrow I'm an apple seller too. I don't need anything but you!

Noelle was a part of a girls' singing act called "Eat My Vegetables". Abby accompanied the girls on the piano as they all sang the tune to this funny song...

Baby peas and brussel sprouts, broccoli and beans; carrot coins and pickled beets, wilted spinach greens. Mama says I'll never leave the table until I eat my vegetables! Celery, asparagus, sweet potato pie; cauliflower in a can, onion in my eye. Mama says I'll never leave the table until I eat my vegetables! Cut'em or chop'em or swallow'em whole. My dog won't even eat'em when I put'em in his bowl. I hide'em in my napkin but it never works until I eat my vegetables! Lima beans and artichokes, slimy yellow corn, zucchini and tomatoes, I am feeling quite forlorn. Mama says I'll never leave the table until I eat my vegetables, eat my vegetables, EAT MY VEGETABLES!!!

No comments: