Lately, these kids have been irritating each other. This morning, for instance, Luke was pestering Noelle as she was reading in the family room. Apparently, Luke didn't have anything going on. So he decides to roll on the floor near Noelle, stick his feet in her face, make heckling sounds to disturb peace and just be a nuisance for sheer fun.
Instead of sending Luke to time-out, I kept his mind off of Noelle by keeping him busy. I realized that the kid was just bored and needed something to do. So, here you find Luke sweeping the house clean with a dustpan and a hand-held brush...
Instead of sending Luke to time-out, I kept his mind off of Noelle by keeping him busy. I realized that the kid was just bored and needed something to do. So, here you find Luke sweeping the house clean with a dustpan and a hand-held brush...
Boy, can this kid "clean house" :) He was a pro at sweeping those Cheerios and dust balls off the floor...
I should give him the nickname "the energizer bunny"...just kept going and going...didn't even miss a spot!
And as a result, all was restored for Noelle to be able to read her book in a quiet environment...
And mom got her kitchen & bathroom floors cleaned in the process : )
3 comments:
Excellent idea!!! I might have to use that one the next time a time-out is needed at our house....that will most likely be tomorrow morning by breakfast. Glad to hear that peace, love, & cleanliness was restored to the home!
Bonus! That rocks!! I too, am going to remember to use that!
what a great idea! can you send lukey over to our house after every meal.....chaeli makes a huge mess under her high chair. : )
Post a Comment