Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hope's 100th day celebration!

Hope celebrated her 100th day at school with her entire 1st grade class. Each student received special recognition for reading 100 books before the big 100 day milestone.

Hope and her medallion for "the excellence in reading"...
Hope had a special part in the program. She shared with the audience what her life would be like when she is a 100 years old. Here is what she said...

When I am 100 years old, I will live in a cozy house. I will be an artist. For fun, I will knit in my special chair. I will have wrinkles. I will have a cane to help me walk. I will also have children.

Here is a little excerpt from their 100 day celebration song...

After the celebration ended, Luke wasn't bashful about helping himself to some refreshment. He managed to squirm his way amongst the giant 1st graders who stood in line. The kid was on a mission. And that mission was completed after he took his 1st bite into that chocolatey chip cookie...

2 comments:

MSquareMom said...

Go Hope, good for you!

Grace, isn't it so great to see kids develop a love for reading? I love it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Hope! That is one terrific medal. "Read on, little one, read on!"