I have been watching alot of HG-TV lately and I'm loving this home-modeling show! It is, however, getting me into alot of trouble with my grand ideas..."honey, what do you think about knocking this wall down?" :) I have to say, though, it is a very inspiring and "I'm-glued-to the-set" kind of show.
On the more realistic side, something Brian and I have been wanting to remodel for a long while is our fireplace. It is originally made of brick veneer and we decided to overlay it with cultured stone. Here is the "before" picture...
On the more realistic side, something Brian and I have been wanting to remodel for a long while is our fireplace. It is originally made of brick veneer and we decided to overlay it with cultured stone. Here is the "before" picture...
And here is the "after" picture...
What's funny is that before we remodeled, the kids would use the fireplace hearth as a "stage" since it was carpeted...yes, it was a bit "out of the norm," but very child-proof : )Now it's a great place for family gatherings...i.e. casual reading around the toasty fireplace : )
4 comments:
Wow, Grace! That looks awesome!! And it actually works!
VERY NICE! I love before and after pics! Just like HG TV! I'll have to post some before and after pics of our basement, too. = )
I love the fireplace's new look! Very inspiring! Looks great!
Grace,
Your fireplace looks gorgeous, gorgeous I say! Oh, so HGTV pulled you in too, huh? Well, don't become a junkie like me and then be so naive and senseless and start believing that all the do-it-yourself is as easy as it looks on TV. Gayle and I painted our family room paneling (finally) and let's just say we didn't have the behind the scenes staff that these people on tv do and it took us many nights! For our next project I am referring to the yellow pages. But I still love to watch. Isn't it addictive? Is that a new mantle by the way? It adds so much to the overall look-it looks nice with the shelving!
Post a Comment