The soon-to-be kindergartens met last Friday before school started to get acquainted with "Buster" the school bus. This "Buster" not only moves, shakes, and dances...he also blinks and talks! And boy did he put on a cool show for the kids...

But as you can see Luke was not very engrossed in this bus safety meeting...
The kids actually took a "test run" with the school bus. All of the kids got on the bus, except that is, for my son Luke. After much encouraging, bribing, pep talks from the assistant principal and the principal, and then begging Noelle & Hope to get on that bus with him, he still said, "No!"
That was when I finally put my foot down and said, "Luke...it's either you on that bus or your Legos will not make it past the kindergarten school year!" As harsh as that sounded, it surprisingly did the trick. I know, I know...I was not such a nice mommy : )
What's funny is that Noelle and Hope actually did end up riding the school bus with Luke. As a result, Hope got a chance to sit on the bus with the school principal Mr. Sch#merold. He was so delighted to meet and visit with Hope that he invited us back to his office. He showed us a picture of his 2 kids, his book collection and then handed Hope a Mas#on Ridge school pencil. Wow...such a nice principal, I say!
3 comments:
aw how cute!
That is so nice of the Principal!!
Sometimes Luke, like Keegan, need some extra 'encouragment'. (Because consequences sounds so much nicer called encouragement, don't you think??)
;-)
Looks like fun...even though Luke didn't want any part of it. What a great principal!
Post a Comment