This dead azalea plant in our front yard has been "hanging over my head" lately. I think, now, especially that it's spring and and the plants are starting to come alive.
I would say that it kind of sticks out "like a sore thumb" next to the other living plants : )
So, today, I decided to do something about it. I went to Lo*we's and purchased some pretty plants...
I proceeded to dig up a hole for the azalea plant as Luke watched and reveled over the idea about finding "lost treasures" beneath the surface of the earth...
I guess he found what he was looking for...a piece of "treasure"= aka "earthworm"
Thankfully, he also thought it would be fun to help mom out! Here he is filling a potted plant with some dirt... Even thought it would be fun to clean up his own mess!
So here are "my beauties" soaking up some rays from the sun!
And I have to say...the "new addition" fits right in!
5 comments:
Grace! You've turned into Mom!! j/k...i wonder if I'll ever get into gardening...I guess I need a house first. I'm currently taking care of a tulip I got from a baby shower =)
Very pretty! I'm so impressed. So, does Luke hire out? I need to start planting my flowers very soon & he does fine work! Maybe I can pay him in earthworms??
Spring just gives you the urge to dig in the dirt ;)
Boy + dirt + worm = great free toy! At least that equation works over here!
Too fun! Looks great!
Post a Comment