Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our 12th wedding anniversary trip

Brian and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary on May 31st of this year. We had the opportunity to visit the town of Hermann, MO and stay at a very nice bed & breakfast called Her*mann Hills Vine%yard and Inn. When we checked-in, the staff indulged us with some snacks and complimentary wine of our choice. The journal books stacked in back of the reading table (pictured here) were filled with journal entries of past guests who shared their memories of their stay at this lovely bed & breakfast...
Here was our "room with a view" outside our balcony...
And here are some pics of the Nor%ton room where we stayed...
We got a chance to visit the well-known local Stone#Hill Winery that was only a couple minutes from our stay. I am embarrassed to say that I got a bit "tipsy" off the complimentary wine-tasting after the winery tour. I guess the alcohol travelled to my head a bit more quickly on an empty stomach : )
In this next picture, you can actually see Her*mann Hills Vine*yard & Inn from a distance to the left of the winery sign located on top of the bluffs.
Here is a pic of the beautiful vineyard fields...
Here is a pic of wine barrels upon wine barrels stacked and stored for the aging process as the wood flavor permeates into the juice...
Here are the fermentation and filtration tanks that turned the juice from the vineyard grapes into wine over a period of time...
After eating a nice German cuisine at the winery, Brian and I got to take a little stroll down the wharf by the Miss#ouri River. Here are some amazing sunsets we got to capture on camera...
Later that evening, the staff brought up some homemade chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream drizzled with their signature Port raspberry chocolate sauce...

At the "crack of dawn", Brian got to witness and capture this spectacular sunrise and morning fog outside our balcony door...

That dense fog eventually cleared out and we were able to enjoy our yummy Belgium waffle on the balcony before starting the day's adventure in town.

Happy 12th anniversary, honey!

Had a unforgetable time with you in Her#mann, MO : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful trip! Happy 12th Anniversary, you guys still seem like newlyweds. I'm so happy you were able to celebrate in such a romantic way.

Esther Cho said...

that was so nice! I feel like I was there too =) glad you guys got some R&R !

lydia said...

congrats on 12 years of marital bliss! God is good!
The place you chose looked picture perfect.....i really wanted to eat some of that tasty food! =)

hope all is going well right now with the 6 kids!

a little leprechaun said...

What an awesome trip!! Happy Anniversary!! Love the pics!