This past weekend, our family took a trip to visit the Meramec Caverns (otherwise known as the infamous hideout place for Jesse James)
I wasn't sure if the kids would particularly enjoy the dark cave or the 1 hour & 2o minute walking tour, but I was mistaken...they absolutely loved it!!! Next time, however, I will try to find some coupons on-line to offset the "hefty" admission prices.
Here are some pictures of the fascinating cave formations we walked through...


Afterwards, to escape the heat, we took the kids to the Mer#amec River (near the springs) to wade in the cool water.
Here they are doing the "kimchee squat" in a Burkey huddle...
And to top off their day..."Look, mom!!! We caught a tadpole!!! Can we keep it?"
Poor Mr. soon-to-be froggy! Sorry my kids totally "man-handled" you. Hope you are doing okay!
Afterwards, to escape the heat, we took the kids to the Mer#amec River (near the springs) to wade in the cool water.
Here they are doing the "kimchee squat" in a Burkey huddle...
And to top off their day..."Look, mom!!! We caught a tadpole!!! Can we keep it?"
Poor Mr. soon-to-be froggy! Sorry my kids totally "man-handled" you. Hope you are doing okay!
1 comment:
Looks like everyone had fun! George & I were just talking about this place the other day wondering if the boys would like it. Maybe we will make a trip sometime this summer.
Post a Comment