Thursday, September 27, 2012

A good adolescent to adult talk...

So Noelle and I were browsing through our Picasa pictures and videos this evening and stumbled upon some videos of our girls dancing and acting out some of their favorite songs on 98.1FM.  This was our dialogue afterwards:

N:  Mom...how come you don't make me listen to just Christian music?  

M:  Well...dad and I know that we can't force you to listen to just Christian music.  It's okay to listen to different kinds of music but we hope that you use good judgement with the music you listen to. We can't force you to love Jesus and understand Christianity...we know that is out of our hands but we pray for you because we know that is the best thing we can do besides guiding you along the way...only God can change your hearts.  

**silence** 

(I looked at Noelle's face as she cracks a smile and starts to tear up)

**sigh**

(thank you Jesus for working on her heart...and for this "talk") 

No comments: