Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 9:07 PM
Just had to share with ya'll... yesterday, we got home from our drive, got changed and ready for bed....as we were doing Bible at the end before prayer, "T" just started crying softly and then started really crying - the sad type of cry. I asked him... and by then he was all blubbery... all that came out was "my hand... smiley face...St. Louis... I can't see them any more"...Once he calmed down, I learned that during church on Sunday while he was sitting with his cousins, he drew a smiley face on his hand because he was so happy and he said it would remind him about this time in St. Louis... so then as we were getting ready for bed, he saw his hand, the smiley face and was so sad because he missed his cousins already!! Peter told me during the trip, he kept asking him every day what day it was so he could gauge how much longer he had in St. Louis...I think "C" was about "T's" age when he was saying goodbye to the Burkeys before leaving STL and started to cry too... it must be that sensitive age! =)I was right - they are in a strange kind of sad depression without their cousins around!!...but I think their longing expressed is our desire in our hearts as well!! =)
Miss you all already - the time flew!!!
Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment