This day was momentous for several reasons...
1. I finally spilled the beans about "the birds and the bees" to both girls
2. Their reaction to "the talk" was absolutely priceless
3. I felt like we truly bonded as Burkey girls after our conversations shared
To my surprise, "the talk" came naturally after finishing chapter #70 in "My Changes" entitled, "The Weird Stuff To Talk About: Spontaneous Ere_tions and W_t Dre_ms"
(you can fill in the blanks :)
Hope started reading this chapter to Noelle and I as we were situated in my enclosed room
(where we all agreed that everything mentioned within my walls, stay within my walls :)
So she began to read this excerpt as follows...
Girls, these two things are simply part of a boy moving toward manhood-kind of like how getting your period is just part of becoming a woman. Part of the maturing process includes your sexual parts. And as puberty hits, a guy's body starts to change. Even though there are many slang words for it (yep-we've heard'em all), an ere_ction is simply when the tissue in a guy's pen-is fills up with blood...
okay...this is the part where I couldn't help myself from cracking a HUGE smile. I realized that I was talking with these girls on their "innocent turf". Hope had no clue how to pronounce that anatomical part and, in a sense, I was relieved to know and be able to correct her :)
Then, of course, we go through the whole anatomical parts of boys and girls and this was Hope's response...
"I didn't know I had 3 holes down there!!!!!!!!!"
After going through the talk about inter_ourse, Noelle's sweet and innocent responses were...
"I thought you just both pee into a cup and the sperms and egg get mixed together and that's how you make a baby!!!!!!!!"
She, then, became very disgusted about the process and said,
"EWHHH!!! I don't want any bugs in my body!!!!!!!"
And to top it off, what I thought was absolutely hilarious was Hope's response to me...
"You mean you and dad did it 3 times?!?!?!?"
I know that one day they will look back on this date and remember this conversation together and will probably laugh and cry then as they did now upon their initial reaction to "the talk".
My reaction to this whole thing...
"I'm so glad it's over!!!!!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment