March 31, 2011
This is the day that I received sad news of being laid off from work after almost 11 years of service :(
It was hard to "digest" the news since it was so sudden and out of place...
but after gathering the kids after school yesterday to break the news...
and after having a group crying session...
and after explaining to them that we will need to be wiser about our spending and not be as wasteful...
here were their responses:
Noelle: "Mom...you don't have to give me allowance anymore"
Hope: "Mom...I can try and save on electricity and go to the bathroom in the dark then"
Luke: "Mom...I will try and eat the crusts off of my sandwiches now" :)
encouraging words "out of the mouth of babes"...
so thankful for the little things in life :)
5 comments:
oh my....that was so, so precious. i love the three little burkeys!! :) love you, sis! we're praying for you guys...
Oh my stars! They are so precious - love their hearts. Totally brought tears to my eyes as I can totally see them saying this! We love you Grace and praying too!
Wow, Grace- that is hard news. What sweet and tender hearts your kids have. They are a tribute to you and Brian.
Your children are so precious! We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys!
i'm lucky to get an "I love you" without prompting them. =) they really do have your tender heart, Grace! what mature kids!
Post a Comment